Taos Wool Festival
Kit Carson Park
October 3 - 4, 2015
Immerse yourself in the more than 400 years of wool tradition as New Mexico, Colorado and Texas breeders and fiber artists celebrate at the Wool Festival of Taos. Join in at Kit Carson Park for two days of family fun. Take a look at traditional and contemporary fiber artistry, an opportunity to get up close and personal with sheep, goats, rabbits, alpacas, and llamas. Kids can try their hand at a fiber project.
Produced by The Mountain and Valley Wool Association, this regional show features:
• Outstanding juried vendors displaying their wool fiber, yarns, and artistic creations
• A Fiber Critters Showcase where you can expect to see sheep, alpacas, goats, angora rabbits, and more
• Demonstrations of shearing, spinning, dyeing, and other wool related skills; competitions showcasing the best in hand spinning, wool and fleece, and finished products
• Food vendors featuring lamb delicacies, goat cheeses, and other delicious choices
• A festive, musical atmosphere that is fun for the whole family
As always, admission is free!
For more information
Taos Wool Festival 800-684-0340