taos wool festival
The Wool Festival returns for 2021!
When: October 2nd and 3rd, 2021
Where: Kit Carson Park
Find more information: Visit taoswoolfestival.org
This is a FREE event!
Immerse yourself in the more than 400 years of wool tradition as New Mexico, Colorado and Texas breeders and fiber artists celebrate at the Wool Festival of Taos. Join in at Kit Carson Park for two days of family fun. Take a look at traditional and contemporary fiber artistry, an opportunity to get up close and personal with sheep, goats, rabbits, alpacas, and llamas. Kids can try their hand at a fiber project.
The Festival includes:
- An Outstanding regional wool market featuring Juried Artists, Crafters and Vendors offering their wool, fiber, yarns,
fiber arts-related tools and equipment as well as finished items and other artistic, fiber creations.
- Fiber Critter Corner that includes live sheep, alpacas, goats, angora rabbits, and more.
- Demonstrations of spinning, dyeing, shearing sheep and many other fiber related skills.
- Juried Shows for handspun yarn, hand dyeing, fleeces (wool and alpaca), and finished garments and home accessories.
- Silent Auction Saturday Oct. 2nd, featuring many unique donated items.
- Hands-On Activities for kids of all ages.
- Workshops before the festival weekend.
- Food vendors offering a variety of beverages, snacks, lunch items including regional lamb, and other delicious choices.
- With the added ambience of live music, the festival is unique and fun for the whole family.