taos wool festival
When: Saturday and Sunday, October 5th and 6th, 2019, 9am – 5pm
Where: Located at Kit Carson Park in Taos, New Mexico
More information: Visit taoswoolfestival.org
This is a FREE event!
Immerse yourself in the more than 400 years of wool tradition as New Mexico, Colorado and Texas breeders and fiber artists celebrate at the Wool Festival of Taos. Join in at Kit Carson Park for two days of family fun. Take a look at traditional and contemporary fiber artistry, an opportunity to get up close and personal with sheep, goats, rabbits, alpacas, and llamas. Kids can try their hand at a fiber project.
The 35th annual festival includes:
- An outstanding regional wool market featuring juried vendors displaying their wool, fiber, yarns, and artistic creations.
- Fiber Critters Corner that includes live sheep, alpacas, goats, angora rabbits, and more.
- Demonstrations of spinning, dyeing, shearing sheep and many other fiber related skills.
- Contests for handspun yarn, fleeces (wool and alpaca), and finished garments and home accessories.
- Dog Sweater Show & Contest
- Silent Auction featuring many unique donated items.
- Kid’s-Hands-On Activities for kids of all ages.
- Workshops before and during the festival weekend.
- Food vendors serving regional lamb, and other delicious choices.
- With the added ambiance of live music, the festival is unique and fun for the whole family.
For lodging visit Where to Stay