pueblo dances and events
No Pueblo events are currently scheduled. Find general information and 2019 event details below.
TAOS PUEBLO ANNUAL EVENTS
Jan. 1, Turtle Dance
Jan. 6, Deer or Buffalo Dance
Feb – Mar (approx.), Spring Closure
May 3, Santa Cruz Feast Day, Foot Races
June 13, San Antonio Feast Day, Corn Dance
June 24, San Juan Day, Corn Dance
July (second weekend), Annual Taos Pueblo Pow Wow
July 25, Santiago Day, Corn Dance
July 26, Santa Ana Day, Corn Dance
Last week of August, Closed
Sept. 29, San Geronimo Eve Vespers
Sept. 30, San Geronimo Day Feast Day
Dec. 24, Procession of the Blessed Mother
Dec. 25, Deer or Matachines Dance
Dates are subject to change. For more information, call 575-758-1028.
Learn more at Taos Pueblo’s website.
PICURIS PUEBLO ANNUAL EVENTS
Jan. 1, Transfer of Canes, Ceremonial Dance
Jan. 6, King’s Day Celebration/Reyes Day, Ceremonial Dance
Jan. 25, St. Paul’s Feast Day, Ceremonial Dance
Feb. 2, Candelaria Feast Day, Ceremonial Dance
June 13, San Anthony’s Feast Day, Children’s Traditional Foot Races
Aug. 9, San Lorenzo Sunset Dance & Vespers
Aug. 10, San Lorenzo Feast Day, Traditional Foot Races, Ceremonial Dance, Traditional Pole Climbing
Dec. 24, Sundown Torchlight Procession of the Virgin Vespers, Matachina Dance
Dec. 25, Matachina Dance
Dec. 28, Holy Innocent’s Day, Children’s Dance
All dates are approximate. Call 575-587-2519
Picuris Pueblo is open 8am to 5pm, Monday-Friday. Tourist Fees, 2 Persons $10
At either pueblo, please abide by the following rules:
• Pay the appropriate fee for each camera you carry into the Pueblo area.
• Respect the “restricted area” signs as they protect the privacy of our residents and the sites of our native religious practices.
• Do not enter doors that are not clearly marked as curio shops. Each home is privately owned and occupied by a family and is not a museum display to be inspected with curiosity.
• Please do not photograph members of our tribe without first asking permission.
• Absolutely no photography inside the churches.
• Do not enter the walls surrounding the ruins of the old church and our cemetery.
• Do not wade in our river; it is our sole source of drinking water.