- ALBUQUERQUE TO TAOS: I-25 to Santa Fe; exit on 599 north to by-pass Santa Fe; Hwy. 285 to Hwy. 68 to Taos.
- BRECKENRIDGE TO TAOS: Hwy. 9 to Fairplay; Hwy. 285 and Hwy. 17 to Alamosa; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- CRESTED BUTTE TO TAOS: Hwy. 135 to Gunnison; Hwy. 50 to Hwy. 285 to Hwy. 17 to Alamosa; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- DENVER TO TAOS: I-25 to Colorado Springs to Walsenburg; Hwy. 160 to Fort Garland; Hwy. 159 and Hwy. 522 to Taos.
- DURANGO TO TAOS: Hwy. 160 to Pagosa Springs; Hwy. 84 to Chama; Hwy. 17 to Antonito; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- VAIL TO TAOS: I-70 to Copper Mountain; Hwy. 91 to Leadville; Hwy. 24 and Hwy. 17 to Alamosa; Hwy. 285 to Tres Piedras; Hwy. 64 to Taos.
- WEST TEXAS TO TAOS: I-40 to Clines Corners; Hwy. 285 to I-25 to Santa Fe; Hwy. 285 to Hwy. 68 to Taos.
ALTERNATIVE ROUTES TO TAOS
Two major routes offer different experiences: The “High Road” to Taos from Santa Fe travels through the mountains, past 13,000 foot peaks and small, isolated mountain towns sprinkled along the way that retain the flavor of the early Spanish settlers who came here four centuries ago. This route is quite a bit longer (56 miles), but worth it for scenic beauty, hidden galleries, mountain vistas and pure New Mexico charm.
Directions: Head north on US 84/285 and turn right on NM 503 where the “High Road” to Taos begins. Take NM 503 to NM 76.Continue on NM 76, then pick up NM 518 at Peñasco and wind your way through the Carson National Forest to US 68 at Ranchos de Taos
The “Low Road” from Santa Fe is the most direct route between Taos and communities to the south. It follows the Rio Grande through Northern New Mexico’s farming lowlands. During the summer, local produce farmers set up roadside fruit and vegetable stands. Also, just south of Taos, take advantage of the perspective stop to admire the rich landscape of Taos valley.
Directions: Simply follow Highway 285 to Espanola and then take NM 68 to Taos.
AIR TRAVEL TO TAOS
IN AS LITTLE AS TWO HOURS, FLY NON-STOP TO TAOS FROM DALLAS/LOVE FIELD, TEXAS AND AUSTIN TEXAS.
Enjoy the convenience of the Taos Air Experience
- Flights from private terminals – be at the gate just 30 minutes before departure
- No fees for changing tickets up to 24hrs prior to flight departure
- Check up to two pieces of luggage, within 46lbs total weight, including snow sports equipment free of charge. One boot bag and one ski/snowboard bag are treated as one piece of baggage
- Complimentary “plane to door” transportation for guests staying in Taos Ski Valley Resort
Book your flights HERE
- Taos Regional Airport: 5800-foot runway, 75-foot width, 7094-foot elevation, U-122.8, AWOS 132.975, RCO 122.25, FPO 129.975, 100LL, Jet-a hanger available. Phone 575-758-4995
- Santa Fe Municipal Airport (SAF) is 65 miles south of Taos. Direct flights to Santa Fe: American Airlines from Dallas/Fort Worth, TX and Phoenix, AZ. United Airlines to Denver International Airport.
- Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ) is 135 miles south of Taos.
- Denver International Airport (DIA) is 300 miles north of Taos.
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS) is 230 miles north of Taos.
- Vernon Aviation Charter flights to Taos Airport Call for a quote 505-564-9464
TAXI SERVICES, UBER, AIRPORT SHUTTLE & TOURS
Call 575-613-3256 to book
Northern New Mexico shuttle and charter service providing transportation for local residents and tourists. Apart from designated airport rides they we offer a flexible pickup by arrangement. clean and well maintained passenger vehicles can carry from 6 up to 12 passengers, with luggage, or 14 for private charter.
We pride ourselves in offering a friendly, safe, convenient and economical service. Enjoy a stress-free end to your vacation with a private transfer to Santa Fe, Taos or Albuquerque airport. We also offer charters throughout Northern New Mexico for your group.
Shuttle will leave Taos Town at 10:00 am and 1 pm
- Arriving at Santa Fe Airport at 11:30 am, and 2:30 pm
- Arriving at Albuquerque Sunport at 12:30 pm, and 3:30 pm
Shuttle returning to Taos will leave Albuquerque Sunport at 2 pm and 5 pm
- Arriving at Santa Fe Airport at 3 pm and 6 pm
- Arriving at Taos Town at 4:30 pm and 7:30 pm
Rates: View rates here
Taos does have Uber drivers.
Instructions for using UBER
1. Download the Uber app on your smartphone.
2. Create an account.
3. Enter your destination.
4. Select a vehicle type.
5. Confirm your pickup location.
6. Wait in front of the exact address.
Please note: The cost of your ride will be calculated prior to pick up and charged directly to you on the account you entered upon sign up. A tip to the driver is also included in your charge.
Taos Ski Valley Airport Shuttle
provides daily year-round service to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque airports. Convenient pick-up and drop-off locations allow you to meet your friends and family, hit the slopes and trails, or access lodging quickly and easily.
24 Hours: 575-776-2291 ext. 2384
*CREDIT CARD REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF RESERVATION.
*ALL PRICES ARE BEFORE TAX.
*RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE.
Please allow two hours between Taos Ski Valley and Santa Fe Airport (1.5 hours to or from town of Taos) and three hours between Taos Ski Valley and Albuquerque Sunport (2.5 hours to or from town of Taos).
Times vary due to weather. Reservations are recommended 48 hours in advance. 7-day cancellation for full refund. Child seats not provided. No pets.
- 7:30AM and 11:30AM > Depart Taos Ski Valley
- 8:00AM and 12:00PM > Depart Town of Taos
- 12:30PM and 3:30PM > Depart ABQ Sunport Airport
- 1:45PM and 4:45PM > Depart Santa Fe Airport
Taos Taxi and Tours LLC
Provides daily year-round taxi, tour and shuttle services. Multi-Licensed local driver Herbert Cordova, is standing by with his new 2017 Chevy Suburban to shuttle you in comfort and safety wherever you need to go!
Visit website here
Several hotels in Taos can provide transportation services or referrals to their guests with advance notification. Please contact your hotel directly for transportation availability and their policies on local and airport transfers.
TRANSPORTATION BETWEEN SANTA FE AND TAOS
Available from most major companies at the Santa Fe airport; information for Santa Fe rentals can be found at: santafeairportcarrental.com
New Mexico Rail Runner
Light rail service between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.
The Taos Express
The Taos Express provides residents and visitors with weekend bus transit between Taos and Santa Fe. The NCRTD will commence a stop in Española at its RTD bus stop located in front of the Santa Claran Hotel by the Century Bank. The Taos Express provides connecting service to the New Mexico Rail Runner Express, Santa Fe Trails bus system and Taos Chile Line.
The fare for the service is $5.00 each way between Taos and Santa Fe. Service to and from Taos and Española, and between Santa Fe and Española, will be priced at $2.00 per trip. Service is provided on a first come, first served basis.
All NCRTD buses are ADA compliant and can accommodate two bicycles.
Custom Tours by Clarice, Inc
3201 Calle de Molina / Santa Fe, NM 87507
TAOS AND TAOS SKI VALLEY
NCRTD – 341 TSV Green – Daily Service
Operating December 15 – March 24, the 341 TSV Green Line provides free daily shuttle service to and from the Town of Taos, Valdez, El Prado, Arroyo Seco and Taos Ski Valley.
View schedule and route.
NCRTD – 380 Night Rider – Friday and Saturday Evening Service
Operating December 15 – March 24, the Night Rider provides free shuttle service to and from the Town of Taos, Valdez, El Prado, Arroyo Seco and Taos Ski Valley on Friday and Saturday evenings.
View schedule and route.
NCRTD – 340 Red Chile Line
Providing daily service throughout the Town of Taos and surrounding communities.
Visit ncrtd.org for Taos area transportation services, routes and schedules.
RENTAL CAR COMPANIES
Enterprise Rent a Car
1350 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Ste A
Hours: Monday thruough Friday 8:00AM – 5:00pm, Saturdays 9:00AM – 12:00PM, Closed Sundays
Hertz Rental Cars
Taos Municipal Airport, 5 Airport Way
Hours: Monday thruough Friday 7:00AM – 6:00PM, Saturdays 9:00AM – 12:00PM, Closed Sundays