Taos Pueblo Visitor Info
120 Veterans Highway, PO Box 1846, Taos, NM 87571
Distance To Taos Ski Valley: miles
Distance To Plaza: 3.0 miles
Visiting Taos Pueblo
Taos Pueblo will be closed March 6 through April 20, 2012 for tribal rituals.
Taos Pueblo requests that visitors abide by these rules:
1. Please report, and pay the appropriate fee for, each camera you carry into the Pueblo area.
2. Please respect the "restricted area" signs as they protect the privacy of our residents and the sites of our native religious practices.
3. Do not enter doors that are not clearly marked as curio shops. Each home is privately owned and occupied by a family and is not a museum display to be inspected with curiosity.
4. Please do not photograph members of our tribe without first asking permission.
5. Absolutely no photography in San Geronimo Chapel.
6. Do not enter the walls surrounding the ruins of the old church and our cemetery.
7. Do not wade in our river -- our sole source of drinking water.
Adult admission: $10 per person
Students (11 and up, includes college with ID) $5 per person
Group Rates (6 or more Adults): $8 per person
Children 10 and under: Free
Camera, cell phone and video fee: $6 per camera
All professional and commercial photographers as well as artists interested in sketching or painting must apply for pre-approval; fees vary.
Interested tour companies, please call Taos Pueblo Tourism at 575-758-1028 for more information.
Taos Pueblo Tourism
PO Box 1846, Taos, NM 87571 575-758-1028The pueblo is open to visitors from 8:00am to 4:30pm, April through October and 8:00am through 4:00pm, November through February, except when tribal rituals require a closing. Late winter to early spring the Pueblo closes for about ten weeks. Call ahead if you are traveling at that time: 575-758-1028.