There is nothing more romantic than a Taos Wedding, and we can accommodate every size and budget. Couples come from all over the world to exchange vows in our beautiful churches and mountain settings, and below are just a few of your many options. Receptions of all types are a perfect fit as well at many of these locales, so choose the one that suits your needs and start planning with our many local resources which will be happy to assist you. For more information, pick up a copy of A Taos Wedding from the Taos Visitor Center.
• Casa Benavides Bed & Breakfast Inn – This lovely Inn boasts a beautiful courtyard and gardens for warm weather affairs, while its indoor spaces express Taos’ unique Southwest charm and relaxed ambiance. A favorite for intimate weddings. 2/10 mile east of Taos Plaza. (800) 552-1772.
• El Monte Sagrado Living Resort & Spa – With a dedicated Wedding Specialist on staff, every elegant detail of your special day with be expertly planned, executed and catered for you and your guests. Choose an outdoor reception or from one of their many beautiful indoor spaces. 3/10 mile east of Taos Plaza. (575) 758-3502.
• Hacienda del Sol — This lovely former home of Mabel Dodge Luhan can host your reception in the courtyard garden for up to 100, or give you a combination of an indoor/outdoor event with menus prepared by the inn’s master chef. Special wedding packages that include accommodations are available. 2.5 miles north of Taos Plaza. (866) 333-4459.
• Hotel La Fonda de Taos – Perfect for the intimate wedding reception, the Karavas Center in this historic hotel seats 50 for dinner or 70 for a standing reception. This lovely room boasts soaring ceiling heights, an impressive kiva fireplace and a warm Southwestern ambiance. The Hotel is located on Historic Taos Plaza 575-758-2211
• Kit Carson Home and Museum – Hold your cowboy wedding at the former home of Taos’ leading Western hero. The courtyard here is available for receptions and the staff will be happy to assist you with planning your event. 1/10 mile east of Taos Plaza. (575) 758-4945.
• Mabel Dodge Luhan House – With their shaded gardens and lovely indoor spaces, this home is steeped in early 20th century artistic and literary history – a perfect beginning to your life together. 2/10 mile east of Taos Plaza on Morada Lane. (800) 846-2235.
• Old Martina’s Hall – this nearly 300 year old, newly and lovingly restored hall and restaurant was once the western façade of the historic San Francisco de Asis Plaza and Church. With banquet seating for up to 170 and a stage for the head table or musicians, plus small reception rooms on the upper level, their professional staff will oversee every detail of your special day. 4 miles south of Taos Plaza. (575) 758-3003.
• Sabroso Restaurant and Bar – a casual, shaded and informal spot for the perfect Taos wedding and reception, both of which can be held in the garden during the warmer months or inside this quaint adobe restaurant during cold or inclement weather. Their award-winning chef will
inspire you with a delectable personalized menu. 8 miles northeast of Taos Plaza in Arroyo Seco. (575) 776-3333.
• Sagebrush Inn & Conference Center – With seating for up to 600 for dinner indoors, or the
option of an outdoor reception in one of the several courtyards, The Sagebrush is a popular choice for local and out-of-town weddings. Wedding packages are available. 3 miles south of Taos Plaza. (800) 428-3626.
• San Geronimo Lodge – Weddings have been held here for more than 80 years, and the beautiful secluded Pavilion is a wonderful location for your vows. This outdoor venue can host up to 300 guests. 2 miles southeast of Taos Plaza. (800) 894-4119.
• Taos Country Club – With its spectacular 360 degree views of the Taos Valley and the mountains coupled with its onsite wedding planner, the Country Club can host intimate to large tented events on the grounds of this award-winning course. Onsite catering is included in their package. 7 miles south of Taos Plaza. (575) 758-7300.
• Touchstone Inn – For the intimate wedding, the setting at this Inn is second to none, and is a favorite of those seeking organic, vegetarian or vegan menus for their reception. 2 miles north of Taos Plaza. (575) 758-0192.
• Alpine Village Suites – Wedding events are a specialty here, and the conference room is a great choice for receptions, rehearsal dinners or bachelor/bachelorette parties in Taos Ski Valley. 18 miles northeast of Taos Plaza. (800) 576-2666.
• Amizette Inn and Restaurant – Offering everything from onsite catering to a non-denominational Christian minister to perform the service, you are also encouraged to spend your honeymoon here in the cool, pristine wilderness of Taos Ski Valley. 18 miles northeast of Taos Plaza. (800) 446-8267.
• The Bavarian Lodge and Restaurant – This rustic chalet-style restaurant at the top of Taos Ski Valley makes the perfect setting for an intimate alpine wedding and reception. They will custom design your reception’s menu. 20 miles northeast of Taos Plaza.
• Columbine Inn and Conference Center – Outdoor weddings are the specialty of the Taos Ski Valley of this lovely inn and can help provide you with the ceremony of your dreams for groups of 10-75. 18 miles northeast of Taos Plaza. (888) 884-5723.
• Angel Fire Resort Golf and Country Club – Experience a custom-designed country club wedding on their dedicated outdoor pavilion with forever views in the cool and lovely Moreno Valley. 24 miles and 45 minutes northeast of Taos. (800) 633-PINE.
• KTAOS Solar Center – This lovely location boasts the most dramatic views of the sacred Taos Mountain in the area. The Center can host indoor receptions for up to 450 and outdoor dining for 600. Located 5 miles northeast of Taos Plaza on the Ski Valley Road. (575) 758-5826.
• Red River Conference Center – With space enough to both exchange your vows and host your reception under the same roof, the Conference Center is a popular choice for large scale weddings. 25 miles northeast of Taos Plaza on the Enchanted Circle. (877) 754-1708.